Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wide Surface Clutter Band on Axiom 9
09-04-17, 03:51 PM
Wide Surface Clutter Band on Axiom 9
I have a new Axiom 9 that I recently upgraded to Software Version: v3.1.96. I'm running a 'y' cable with RV-100 Real 3D and P-66 transducers. Running in the mouth of the Columbia River in Oregon brackish to salt water up to approximately 100' depending on time of tide. In Automatic mode have noted intermittent broad 1" plus feathery surface clutter band at very top of screen with either 50khz or 200khz band of P-66 selected. Have tried to adjust surface clutter setting in manual mode without success. Without changing any settings there will be times that the 'surface clutter band' is in it's normal 1/4" (?) mode. Nothing is selected differently, the screen just appears differently. With 'wide surface clutter brush' showing, bottom contour 'might' appear more pixelated. Also noted occasional 'double bottom' of say 60' and 30' in 30' of water on same screen that only clears if unit is rebooted. All issues are with P-66 transducer AFTER the software upgrade. No issues prior.
I'm just learning the machine and have spent most time using the P-66. Love how fast everything is and target identification is stunning. I'm probably not adjusting correctly because of my unfamiliarity with the unit. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. Have a Great Day!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-17, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-17 09:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Wide Surface Clutter Band on Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jcarufo,

The apparent width of the surface band (representative of the distance that sound travels during the transmission portion of the ping/listen cycle) will typically extend approximately 3' from the surface. When operating in shallow water, the zone will physically occupy more of the upper-most portion of the fishifnder plot. This zone will physically occupy less of the upper-most portion of the fishfinder plot as the vessel moves to deeper water, forcing an increasingly larger water column to be displayed and scaled accordingly. Should I have missed the point of your thread, then please use the MFD's screen capture feature (found on the MFD's Power Menu) to capture screen images showing the symptom which you have described. The screen capture files are stored onto the microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader. Please attach these files to this thread for further analysis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply