Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triducer replacement for Tacktick mn30
09-11-17, 01:18 PM
Triducer replacement for Tacktick mn30
I have a Tacktick mn30 system installed in 2011. The knotmeter has started showing zero all the time, even though the wheel is spinning freely.

Any options apart from getting a new transducer?

If replacing the transucer, should I get the DST800 smart transducer or the DST800 analogic? The current transducer is connected to the hull transmitter with separate wires for depth and speed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-17, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-17 01:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Triducer replacement for Tacktick mn30
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hakongs,

While the TackTick hull transmitters are designed to function with the T910, T911, and T912 transducer, Raymarine's analog instruments transducers may also be used with TackTick hull transmitters. Smart transducers should not be used with TackTick instruments, as the TackTick instruments will be unable to calibrate them. In cases of a failing speed sensor within a T910 or T911, most will simply elect to leave the currently installed T910 or T911 housing in place, purchase another T910 or T911, extract the failed sensor from its housing then then replace it with the sensor from the newly purchased transducer.
09-23-17, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-17 11:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Many thanks for the helpful advice!

I'm not sure which model I have installed currently. It reads Airmar Triducer Multisensor 20-459-01. To keep the housing and change only the sensor, is it crucial to get the exact same one (T91x) or are the T910 and T911 interchangeable? If that's crucial, is there a way to find out which one I currently have?

Best, HÃ¥kon
09-25-17, 11:44 AM
HÃ¥kon,

It would typically be recommended that one replace the DST800's insert with another DST800 insert unless changing the transducer's housing. As the transducer is a branded Airmar product, it is recommended that Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) be contacted on this subject to ensure that the insert will fit/seal within the DST800's housing.