Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuse SeatalkHS for RayNet
11-04-17, 02:58 PM
Reuse SeatalkHS for RayNet
I have 2 E80 Classics connected via a SeatalkHS cable (with RJ45s). I am replacing the E80s with Axioms. I want to reuse the current cable rather than trying to fish a new one from the upper to lower station. I see Raymarine offers a number of adapters for this purpose (I think A80247 is what I need).

Q1. The current SeatalkHS cable has a E55060 Crossover Coupler in the middle. Do I need to keep this coupler in-place when repurposing the cable for RayNet?

Note this cable will be the only RayNet cable I will have (Axiom-Axiom). There will be no switch involved.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-17, 12:18 PM
RE: Reuse SeatalkHS for RayNet
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum danderer,

As the MFD's which followed the E-Series Classic MFDs feature auto-sensing Ethernet ports, the successor MFDs do not require use of a crossover. Accordingly, Axiom, Axiom Pro MFDs, and compatible Raymarine or FLIR products featuring an Ethernet interface may simply be joined to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch using RayNet cables having the appropriate style of plug on each end. If simply interfacing a pair of Axiom MFDs to one another, then one would do so using an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Please additionally note that it is not necessary to replace SeaTalkhs cables when replacing the E-Series Classic MFDs. The currently installed SeaTalkhs cables (or assemblies constructed of SeaTalkhs cables and crossover coupler) may be adapted to mate to the RayNet (F) socket of the Axiom / Axiom Pro MFD or RayNet Network Switch.
11-07-17, 09:52 AM
Neat. Thanks.
11-07-17, 10:23 AM
You're welcome.