Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom and boat icon size
11-09-17, 06:31 PM
Axiom and boat icon size
I know that you can choose between 3 sizes for the boat icon on the chart. My issue is that even with the small icon, if you use the zoom to zero in closely, the size of the boat icon does not proportionally change. The result of this is if I'm in a relatively narrow channel the boat icon takes up the entire channel. Is there anything I'm missing or anything that can be done to change this behavior? Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-17, 11:41 AM
RE: Axiom and boat icon size
Welcome to to the Raymarine Forum avetjx,

As operating within such narrow channels requires precision would generally dictate operating the vessel at maneuvering speed, this operating scenario would generally addressed by utilizing the smallest sized vessel icon option in conjunction with minimizing the chart range. No other chart application options are supported to provide further data regarding the vessel's position on the chart. If requested, a feature suggestion may be logged to display the vessel's position as a dot rather than a vessel icon. While the navigation system may be used as an aid when operating under such conditions, this scenario would typically require eyes-on the water navigation to negotiate such channels.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply