Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Update Navionics On-line?
11-13-17, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Update Navionics On-line?
Just got my new Axiom 12 with Navionics (plus radar and AIS). Really like it!
One thing I haven't figured out yet...Can I get updates to my Navionics charts (which Navionics does every few days) by going online using the Axiom wi-fi, or must I remove the Navionics micro-SD card, take it home, plug it into my computer (after buying an msd card reader) and update it that way?
Thanks for your help on this.
Oldersalt
Grand Banks 32, 1990 # 834
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-17, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Update Navionics On-line?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum oldersalt,

Q1. One thing I haven't figured out yet...Can I get updates to my Navionics charts (which Navionics does every few days) by going online using the Axiom wi-fi, or must I remove the Navionics micro-SD card, take it home, plug it into my computer (after buying an msd card reader) and update it that way?

A1. At this time Navionics cartography updates are not supported via the Axiom MFD's Wi-Fi communications interface. Raymarine has logged a feature suggest to include such support in the future. Accordingly, in order to update the cartography stored on the chart card, if must be removed from the MFD's memory card reader or remote reader, inserted into a computer's memory card reader. After doing so, Navionics Freshest Data updates may be downloaded / installed onto the Chart card via the Navionics Chart Installer application.
01-04-19, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Any progress on this Navionics update via Axiom feature request yet?
Thanks.
01-07-19, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 12:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Phil,

Navionics charts may indeed be updated via “Plotter Sync” on a MFD running the latest LightHouse 3 software. The process is essentially the same as that for a MFD running LHII software. Please click here and here to view the Navionics FAQ providing instructions to update Navionics charts via the Plotter Sync feature of the Navionics Boating app / LightHouse software.