Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Updating SPX with Axiom
01-07-18, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-18 09:25 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG] Updating SPX with Axiom
Updates for SPX is MFD specific and in some cases version specific.
Axiom is not listed in the MFD specific category.
How do you update an SPX with an Axiom?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-18, 09:32 PM
RE: [TG] Updating SPX with Axiom
Good day Eric,

I am sorry to say that (at least at this stage) you can't upgrade SPX pilots or certain other older products via an Axiom display. This is because the SPX generation of products were upgraded via an older software upgrade process (using .PKG files) which not supported on Axiom. Axiom can upgrade any STNG device which is upgradable via the new .ISO upgrade method.

For information, there is a list of ISO-upgradable products in the 'Software Upgrade Information' box at http://www.raymarine.com.au/view/?id=3764. All of these can be upgraded via Axiom.

The SPX pilot can only be upgraded from the MFDs listed on the SPX's software update page. If you need it, I am sure your nearest Raymarine technical dealer can help you with the upgrade process.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply