Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] Yellow-plug SeatalkNG to SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box
02-20-18, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-19 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Yellow-plug SeatalkNG to SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box
Hello

I'm looking at doing a similar setup as presented in
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=366

So basically bridging my SeaTalkNG network (most of my components, including an ICT-5) with a Seatalk1 network where I have an ST60-Tridata and ST-Wind operating as slave devices to the network (data acquired and processed by the ICT-5). The 2 networks will be briged using a "Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter kit"

My chained ST60-Tridata and ST-Wind was previously connected to my autohelm computer via bare wires.

My question, can I cut the SeaTalk1 press-fit end of a yellow-plug SealTalkNG cable to connect to the Auxiliary Junction Box? What about exposing the bare-wire by cutting the press-fit end of a A06047?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-18, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-18 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Yellow-plug SeatalkNG to SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box
rapscallion2,

Note: Regarding the system which you have described, an i70/i70S MFID or ST70 MFID must be installed within any system featuring an iTC-5. Should your system already feature one of these MFIDs, then this note may be ignored.

Q1. My question, can I cut the SeaTalk1 press-fit end of a yellow-plug SealTalkNG cable to connect to the Auxiliary Junction Box? What about exposing the bare-wire by cutting the press-fit end of a A06047?
A1. It is certainly possible to cut the plug from either of these cables to permit them then be joined within an Auxiliary Junction Box. However most will simply use a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block for this purpose.
02-21-18, 08:11 AM
Chuck, thanks for getting back to me.

I forgot to mentioned in my note that i have an ST70+ connected on the STNG network to "manage" the ITC-5.

One more question, for the setup described, is there a difference between the yellow-plug cable and the A06047?

Regards
02-21-18, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-18 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
rapscallion2,

Q1. I forgot to mentioned in my note that i have an ST70+ connected on the STNG network to "manage" the ITC-5.
A1. Noted.

Q2. is there a difference between the yellow-plug cable and the A06047.
A2. The only difference between the A06073 ST to STng Converter Cable supplied withe the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit and A06047 ST to STng Adapter cable designed for use with i50/i60/i70 instrument and p70/p70/p70R/p70RS autopilot control heads is that the A06073 features a yellow plug, while the A06047 features a white spur plug. The yellow plug was added to the A06073 to serve as a visual aid in understanding which of the ST-STng Converter's sockets to plug the cable into. The A06047 was provided to support replacing an instrument within a SeaTalk bus with an i50/i60/i70 instrument which would be interfaced to a SeaTalk bus rather than a SeaTalkng backbone.
As the internal design of these cables is the same, should one lose the A06073 cable supplied with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit, then it may be replaced with either another A06073 cable or an A06047 cable. Please note that these cables are not intended to replace a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter when seeking to bridge SeaTalk to SeaTalkng. The A06073 and A06047 cables are exclusively designed to support SeaTalk communications.