Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Man Overboard (MOB)
02-20-18, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-18 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Man Overboard (MOB)
I marked some Wps using MOB feature on my MFD. I can see the WPs I marked on my MFD. I selected the MOB WPs on my MFD and moved them into one of my folders. I exported all routes and WPs to a sd card and imported the file into Voyage planner. When I open the WP file in VP, I can not see/find the MOB WPs. I see the folder where I moved the MOB WPs but MOB WPs are not in the folder. I am using MFD E95 with Lighthouse II version 19.3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-18, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-18 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Man Overboard (MOB)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum phayes,

Please note that when a MOB is created within a MFD running LightHouse II software, a temporary waypoint named MOB is created within the system. However, the temporary MOB waypoint is automatically deleted when the operator cancels the MOB. Accordingly, please indicate how you have been creating and managing the MOB waypoints. Please additionally attach the GPX file containing the MOB waypoints which was subsequently exported by the MFD. Upon receiving this information, the GPX file will be analyzed and tested with Voyage Planner.
02-21-18, 06:45 PM
When I see something I want to mark. I press and release the Waypoint (MOB) button/icon. This will mark the spot and assign the waypoint a number. The waypoint is then automatically stored under un-categorized listing. I can see the WPs listed numerically. I can select the WP and navigate to its location. I can also select the WP and re-categorize them/move them to another folder in my MFD.

The Lighthouse 19 MFD Operation Manual says "Press and release to access the
waypoint options. Press again to place a waypoint. Press and hold to place a Man
Overboard (MOB) marker at your current position."

I believe I have been placing WPs by "Press and release to access the waypoint options. Press again to place a waypoint." because they are listed as marked points and assigned a number.

I am glad to attach the file to this thread. How do I make the file private when I post it to this thread/forum?
02-22-18, 10:44 AM
phayes,

It appears that you may be confusing waypoints with a MOB event. A quick press and release of the MFD's WPT/MOB button will permit a waypoint to be created at the vessel's location. However, a longer press of the MFD's WPT/MOB button will cause a Man Overboard (MOB) event to be triggered within the system. In the case of the latter, a corresponding alarm will be sounded, a temporary MOB waypoint will be created at the vessel's location, and any navigation previously commanded will now be directed to the location of the temporary MOB waypoint. A MOB event is cancelled by holding the WPT/MOB button pressed for approximately 2 seconds.

Should you be having issues with waypoints other than MOBs, then please attach the GPX file produced by the MFD to your next post for further analysis.
02-22-18, 06:25 PM
DO NOT SHARE MY ATTACHED GPX FILE

I marked some Wps using my E95 MFD running Lighthouse 19.3. I can see the WPs I marked on my MFD. The system automaticaly assigned them a numeric name. They were not categorized when marked. I exported all routes and WPs to a sd card and imported the file into Voyage planner. When I open the WP file in VP, I can not see/find the WPs.

I thought if I categorized the marked Wps, maybe that will fix my problem. I selected the WPs on my MFD and moved them into one of my folders. I can see the waypoints in the selected folder. I exported all routes and WPs to a sd card and imported the file into Voyage planner. When I open the WP file in VP, I can not see/find the WPs.

I have attached the file as requested. The folder name where the Wps were moved is called "GaGa Public".

DO NOT SHARE MY ATTACHED GPX FILE
02-23-18, 11:56 AM
phayes,

I had no difficulty in importing your waypoints from the GPX file into VP. I suspect that you may be having difficulty with the proper procedure. See the PM sent to you earlier today.