Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Raymarine NMEA 2000 network??
03-23-18, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-18 10:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Raymarine NMEA 2000 network??
I need some help setting up a NMEA 2000 network on my 2001 Four Winns Vista 298. It has Volvo Penta 5.7GSI motors and the original outdated Navigation system. I bought a Raymarine® AXIOM™ 12 RV with RVTM DXR & Nav+ for my MFD. I want to connect it to (2) Fox Marine engine gateways, a Fusion MS-AV750 and (2) Fusion MS-NRX300 remotes. I want to run all Raymarine cables which one do I need? I have all the above, just need cables. Is there a kit? Seems confusing, Seatalk 1, Seatalk ng, device net, etc.. Help want to buy this weekend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-18, 12:29 PM
RE: [CA] Raymarine NMEA 2000 network??
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lubak572,

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to be constructed from SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 Networking Components. The backbone will to have include a sufficient number of SeaTalkng spur sockets (seven by my count) to accommodate interfacing the MFD, engine gateways(s), stereo head unit, two remotes, and SeaTalkng Power Cable as individual spurs to the backbone. Each of the devices which you have identified will be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone (which you will create) via a appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Cable:
- A06045 0.4m SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Cable
- A06075 1m SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Cable
03-24-18, 01:52 PM
Does the axiom unit get power from the the network, or does it have its own power?
03-26-18, 08:40 AM
lubak572,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Per the referenced FAQ, MFDs are neither designed to be powered from a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, nor to supply power to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. With the exception of those products specified within the referenced FAQ, Raymarine electronics are designed to be powered via the product's power leads/terminals or via the power cable packaged with the product.
06-05-18, 07:51 AM
Can't get Axiom to see Fox Marine engine gateways. Keep getting engine data not detected. How do I fix?
06-05-18, 08:47 AM
lubak572,

The MFD's Identify Engines feature is not to be used with third party engine gateways. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, should you have configured the engine gateways with correct Instance IDs (0 for port engine, 1 for starboard engine), then the Data application's panels displaying engine data will automatically populate with the corresponding engine data whenever the engines and MFDs are both running.
06-08-18, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-18 08:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok so Fox assigns the Port engine as 1 and Starboard as 2. I have it on a network along with the fusion stuff. The Fox App on my phone works flawlessly for both motors, so how do I get it to work with my Axiom?
06-11-18, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-18 09:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
lubak572,

The NMEA 2000 interface standard is designed to permit equipment from different manufacturers to be communicate with one another. However when doing so, configuration and/or calibration of the products will sometimes need to be performed before such communications will be achieved ... this is the case with your Fox Marine engine gateways.

I recommend that you consult the Fox Marine engine gateway's documentation for information concerning how to install/configure the gateway. Per those instructions, Inside of the gateway you should find a set of DIP switches which are used to configure the Instance IDs transmitted by the gateway. Fox Marine should be able to provide further guidance concerning the DIP switch positions of the gateway should the instructions not be clear enough in describing how to configure to permit the port engine gateway to transmit engine data PGNs featuring Instance ID 0 and for the starboard engine gateway to transmit engine data PGNs featuring Instance ID 1.