Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] RV-300 Transducer Documentation
04-03-18, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RV-300 Transducer Documentation
I cannot seem to find the RV-300 Transducer documentation. It looks like it is supposed to be here:
https://raymarine.app.box.com/s/omdmmb6o...9685019954

However, there is only documentation for the RV-2xx version. Is the RV-200 the same as the RV-300, other than bronze versus plastic?

1. I'm trying to find out the compatibility of this transducer with an AirMar Ultrasonic UST800 transducer, which would be installed pretty close to the RV-300.

The AirMar UST800 sonar operates transmits at 4.5MHz for speed sensing (and Pulse Repetition Frequency from 0.5kHz to 12kHz).

2. This page (http://www.raymarine.com/transducers/realvision/ - the Specs tab) says the RV-300 will work for 0 to 5 degrees deadrise (same as RV-200), and the RV-200 documentation says: "You should fit transducers whose internal elements are matched to within ±6° of your hull’s deadrise angle."

Does the angle need to get adjusted during the physical installation (if so, how?) or is the 6 degrees simply a tolerance built into the unit, meaning I don't have to worry about physically adjusting the installation angle itself?

3. The unit gets power directly from the Axiom Pro RVX MFD, right? Does this mean it will not affect the LEN calculation for SeaTalkng?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-18, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 02:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] RV-300 Transducer Documentation
rsqunit,

Q1. Is the RV-200 the same as the RV-300, other than bronze versus plastic?
A1. Yes.

Q2. I'm trying to find out the compatibility of this transducer with an AirMar Ultrasonic UST800 transducer, which would be installed pretty close to the RV-300. The AirMar UST800 sonar operates transmits at 4.5MHz for speed sensing (and Pulse Repetition Frequency from 0.5kHz to 12kHz).
A2. Please click here to view the FAQ addressing transducer frequency for CHIRP/DownVision, SideVision, and RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers. I would not expect there to be any interference to the Raymarine system caused by the UST800 transducer.

Q3. Ts page (http://www.raymarine.com/transducers/realvision/ - the Specs tab) says the RV-300 will work for 0 to 5 degrees deadrise (same as RV-200), and the RV-200 documentation says: "You should fit transducers whose internal elements are matched to within ±6° of your hull’s deadrise angle." Does the angle need to get adjusted during the physical installation (if so, how?) or is the 6 degrees simply a tolerance built into the unit, meaning I don't have to worry about physically adjusting the installation angle itself?
A3. When installing the transducer, it may be installed within ±6° of its intended mounting angle (deadrise) ... i.e. this this the installation error tolerance.

Q4a. The unit gets power directly from the Axiom Pro RVX MFD, right?
A4a. RV transducer(s) are powered directly from the Axiom Pro RVX MFD or Axiomo RV MFD.

Q4b. Does this mean it will not affect the LEN calculation for SeaTalkng?
A4b. LEN is not affected through installation of a RV transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply