Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) power steering s3g
04-15-18, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 07:22 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) power steering s3g
Hello, is there a way to make the s3g steer to a specific rudder angle as used with power steering? What control unit(s) could make this happen if so?
I have 6001, 6002, smartcontroller, s100. Any of those able to put it into power steering mode?

Thanks!
Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-18, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 07:28 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) power steering s3g
Hi robban99

Thankyou for your enquiry.

The only way to do this is to fit a joystick controller, this joystick controller connects to an interface box which connects direct to SeaTalk and then to the S3G course computer.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1775]

Then select BANG-BANG mode in the course computer calibration and the rudder will move to a set position when the joystick operation is selected

regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-17-18, 12:56 PM
Hi, thanks for the response!
I guess that is kind of a semi-permanent solution? I was hoping for a software mode where I could select between normal auto pilot and power steering.

But you can't have it all...cheers!
04-18-18, 03:17 AM
Hi robban99,

Yes, you would need the joystick hardware, but other than that it would work fine,

regards