Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
es127 touch screen issue after cleaning
04-19-18, 09:15 AM
Question es127 touch screen issue after cleaning
The touch screen on my es127 MFD no longer functions. It was working OK before I cleaned it (with fresh water only), but had a substantial amount of salt on it from an ocean crossing.

Now, I very rarely get a response to a screen touch, and there are sounds that seem to be from phantom touches, even when the touch lock is on.

I cannot do an alignment (I managed to get the first alignment point to register once, but could not get further than that). This was after a settings / data reset.

Does anyone recommend trying anything else? We are away from the US on an extended basis, so returning the unit would be a pain.

Thank you,

Tim

Tim Goodyear
Mojito - Tayana 48
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-18, 01:26 PM
RE: [CA] es127 touch screen issue after cleaning
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

We're sorry to learn about the reported issue. Cleaning the MFD's screen with fresh, mineral free water, and a soft cloth is the prescribed method of cleaning the MFD's screen. Given the symptoms, it appears that the MFD may have suffered a failure of its touchscreen circuitry. Should the MFD's screen be dry and the reported problem persists, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply