Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] S3G computer reprogram to original software from Volvo IPS
04-24-18, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-18 11:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] S3G computer reprogram to original software from Volvo IPS
Hello. I purchased a S3G course computer and it has the Volvo ips software on it. I was told it is a relatively easy process to revert it back to the original software. I do not have a Volvo ips. Just a standard st4000 wheel drive.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-18, 11:28 AM
RE: [CA] S3G computer reprogram to original software from Volvo IPS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Morningstar,

It is indeed technically correct that the IPS version of the S3G only differed from the standard S3G by the software which had been installed within the course computer. Product software updates for the SmartPilots were not made available to the public because to the requirement for specialized (and now long obsolete) computer hardware and training required to prevent "bricking" this and earlier generations of autopilot course computers during the software update process. Unfortunately, Raymarine's US Product Repair Center can no longer update/change the software within these long retired autopilot course computers. You may want to try contacting Certified Raymarine Installers in your area to determine whether any of them still have the means of performing this software update/change. As it is more likely that a higher volume installer of Raymarine equipment may have this capability, it is recommended that Certified Installers who are also Premier Dealers be contacted for this service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply