Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] AIS700 USB Connection error
06-07-18, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-18 02:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] AIS700 USB Connection error
Hi

I set up my AIS700 two days ago and configured using ProAis2. Now when I plug in the unit to my Windows 10 laptop it is not recognised. Dev Mgr list unknown device, USB descriptor request failed.

I have tried several rounds of uninstalling the software and drivers with no success. Any suggestions please?

What is the manufacturer name of the driver?

//Ian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-18, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-18 06:51 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] AIS700 USB Connection error
Hi searat11

Thank you for your enquiry,

Have you tried downloading the PROAIS2 from the Raymarine website instead of the Disc? Are you using the PROAIS that came with the AIS700or the earlier AIS650 version? You must use the later version, ( which also works with the AIS650 too)

We are also aware of an issue with Windows 10, see below

Issues getting Pro-AIS2 working on Win10 PCs; some cases of Faulty USB cables (don't trust them, can be cheaply made). Worth checking the device manager to if the AIS appears when plugged in. Also, in Device manager, it should list the AIS700 as a "AIS Virtual Com Port", or similar in the device category 'ports, COM and LPT'. If Win10 does not list it as this driver, then you may need to temporarily disable Windows' Driver Signature enforcement. This has been reported as solving some problems overseas.
You can see instructions on how to do this at this link .
If you do disable driver signatures and that solves the problem for you, please let us know, and if possible please make a note of how Device Manager lists the device both before and after the driver installation.

regards
06-08-18, 08:56 AM
Hi Derek,
My replies below;

Have you tried downloading the PROAIS2 from the Raymarine website instead of the Disc? -> Yes from the start. Full software and drivers

Faulty USB cables -> it is not the cable. Tried several and it worked before.
Installation does not create the virtual com port.
Disabling Windows' Driver Signature enforcement. ->This has not resolved the
Device is listed as "Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed).

Driver bug by the look of things - do you have a previous or beta version?
//Ian
06-09-18, 08:26 AM
Hi,
Re your suggestions none of them work.
I need a speedy resolution please - AIS that cannot be configured is not of much value.

Have you tried downloading the PROAIS2 from the Raymarine website instead of the Disc? --> Yes, from the start

I have tried different cables. It worked before with this cable but not now.

AISPro2 does install any port. That is not a cable issue. AISPro2 doesn;t provide any feedback on the installl which is not helpful - is there an install log?

Disabling Windows' Driver Signature enforcement makes no difference.
I uninstalled and removed everyy reference oin the Registry and reinstalled but again no resolution.

USB device justr listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). Manually update of drivers deosn't work.

//Ian
06-10-18, 03:02 AM
Hi,

This is now resolved. I powered off the AIS and the USB was recognised.

When I first installed ProAIS2 the unit was AIS700 was powered up but not transmitting. After the MMSI install it started transmitting and I guess this confuses the USB driver.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,
Ian
06-11-18, 08:21 AM
Hi searat11

Thank you for your feedback, we have not seen this issue before - I will make further enquiries and we will add this as an FAQ to help others if they have the same issue.

Thank you for your feedback and we will investigate this further.

Regards

Derek