Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Getting a no transducer connected on my A128
06-15-18, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-18 03:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Getting a no transducer connected on my A128
I have an A128 that is about 4 years old but has been stored inside for the last 2 years. I have a CP200, along with a CPT200 and CPT100 hooked to it. The A128 has been used very little, and has been handled carefully. I am in the process of buying another boat and I am trying to make sure it is working correctly before I put it on the new boat, so I am testing it while not on a boat. when all is hooked up, I am getting a "no transducer connected" message. It does allow me to choose between the CP200 or internal sounder. Even when I disconnect the CP200 from the A128, it isn't recognizing the CPT200. I am comfortable that all power cables are tight and connected to a strong battery. All cables are connected correctly to the A128 and CP200. My guess is the problem isn't with the CP200 since the problem still exists when the CP200 in not connected. I happened to have a new in the box CP200 and CPT200. Nothing changed when I hooked the new ones up. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-18, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-19 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Getting a no transducer connected on my A128
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bobby,

For the benefit of others who may be viewing this thread, please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

It is recommended that you determine which version of software is installed within the a128 MFD. If determined not to be LightHouse II v19.03, then it would be recommended that the MFD's waypoint, route, and track data be backed up to a microSD memory card and that the MFD's software then be updated to LightHouse II v19.03. After doing so, then the MFD should be tested with the CPT-100 interfaced to the MFD's Transducer socket and with the CP200 (w/CPT-200) interfaced to the MFD's Ethernet Network socket via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that a System Settings & Data Reset be performed. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply