Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] RayData Display
07-06-18, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-18 10:01 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RayData Display
I have a 1999 RayData display that is connected up to my 2018 Axiom system via ST via ST to STng converter. The unit works and I am seeing all the data I should, but I cannot change the units on the RayData display. I have the manual and go through it on section 4.2. I can enter the setup pages and change the units for Speed, temperature and distance, but it will not hold the units. Step 6 says - "Return to the last-used non-Setup page by pressing NAV and Ù together. All the new entries are then validated."

I believe I am doing this correctly, but it won't hold the new units.

What am I doing wrong?

1999 Sea Ray 370 Express Cruiser Hardtop
Twin 8.1 Horizons, ZF Hurth Transmissions,
Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot
P70R
Smart Remote

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKDm91zlSwlPhCQ12
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-18, 10:11 PM
RE: RayData Display
Hello West32,

Units can generally only be configured on the 'master' product, that is the one that generates that type of data and sends it out over the network: other devices just repeat that selection. The problem you run into with a mixed Seatalk1-SeatalkNG system is that the data typically comes from the SeatalkNG side, but because of limitations of the design of the old Seatalk1 network, the STNG units preferences don't come through and Seatalk1 products revert to the old ST1 network defaults (depths in feet for example.) There isn't really a lot that can be done about that I'm afraid, though the latest software for the ST1-STNG convertor can help in some circumstances. The real solution would be to replace the Raydata with an i70S on SeatalkNG.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
07-11-18, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-18 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks

I wonder if I disconnected it from the network and tried to change the units?

1999 Sea Ray 370 Express Cruiser Hardtop
Twin 8.1 Horizons, ZF Hurth Transmissions,
Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot
P70R
Smart Remote

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKDm91zlSwlPhCQ12
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-18, 02:01 AM
I'm sorry to say that I don't think that will solve the problem - I think that the selection will be overridden as soon as you reconnect to the network. That's the way the Seatalk network was designed.

Sorry,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user