Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Recording video feed on A9 MFD?
07-19-18, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 12:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Recording video feed on A9 MFD?
I have an A9 MFD. I just bought a 100' wired SD live video out (Eye of Mine) underwater camera case for my GoPro for viewing underwater video on the MFD display. It works great but for some reason I cant record on the MFD. The manual references recording IP camera inputs, but nothing about what I assume is basically a cctv analog input. It seems like if you can see an image on the display, you should be able to record it. What am I missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-18, 12:49 PM
RE: [CA11] Recording video feed on A9 MFD?
Welcome to the Raymrine Forum rdavies1111,

As you have suggested, Raymarine's MFDs running LightHouse II software are exclusively designed to record video from an IP video source. Should the adapter which you have referenced produce an analog NTSC video signal, then you may want to consider interfacing the adapter to a video encoder (see related FAQ here) and then interface the encoder via Ethernet to the MFD as I do on my own boat.
07-28-18, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-18 08:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the reply. I originally thought it might be a shortcoming of the A series MFDs, regretting not buying a C or E series. I guess if its a Lighthouse ll software issue it wouldn't have mattered.
07-30-18, 08:14 AM
You're welcome.