Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New MFD is reporting that my Navionics subscription expired
09-09-18, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 02:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New MFD is reporting that my Navionics subscription expired
Hi--I purchased an Axiom 7 MFD from my local West Marine one month ago. It came with the Navionics+ US/Canada card with a free 1-year subscription for updates (if the chip is registered within 2 months of purchase). However, when I recently registered the card with Navionics in order to update it, their Chart Installer tool reports that my subscription had expired and I need to extend it at a cost of $99. I understand from moderator Chuck's previous post that sellers are supposed to report the serial numbers of sold units to Navioncs monthly to "start the 2-month clock" running (since the promotion requires registration within 2 months of purchase).

Any thoughts as to what the issue is here? Does the card only become eligible for the free updates after the seller reports the unit sold (in which case maybe West Marine is being slow and I should just wait a while)? Or is it an issue with Navionics? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-18, 03:00 PM
RE: [CA11] New MFD is reporting that my Navionics subscription expired
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dagelm,

Actually, Raymarine, Inc. lists the serial numbers as sold when the product ships from Raymarine's warehouse to either the distributor, dealer, or customer. The list of serial number sold is sent monthly to Navionics. Typically, by the time that the equipment is installed, Navionics has a containing one's product serial number. Should this not be the case, then one need simply contact Navionics (508-291-6000) to provide them with the serial number and purchase information. At that time Navionics will activate the card. Navionics may require the serial number information contained within the nTag.txt file located within the root level directory of the chart card. I believe that you will find that this information is also printed on the chart card's label. Sending Navionics a copy of the nTag.txt file may also help in case of any problems with reading/repeating the chart card's serial number.
09-14-18, 09:39 AM
Thank you. Navionics requested I send a copy of the card's serial number and my proof-of-purchase from the retailer, which I did, and they were then able to reset my subscription to run for one-year from the date of purchase.
09-14-18, 10:02 AM
You're welcome.