Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] International Charts for E80
10-09-18, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-18 02:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] International Charts for E80
My E80 loads charts from a Compact Flash drive. It looks like the previous owner bought Chart cards preloaded with New Zealand and other charts. And I found where you can buy some of these on the Navionics site. However I am looking for Pacific Mexico and South America charts which don't seem available through Navionics but are available through Blue Latitude and Fugawi. Can I buy these charts, download them to PC and move them to a CF drive and load in the E80? Or what is the recommended practice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-18, 02:42 PM
RE: [CA11] International Charts for E80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q. I am looking for Pacific Mexico and South America charts which don't seem available through Navionics but are available through Blue Latitude and Fugawi. Can I buy these charts, download them to PC and move them to a CF drive and load in the E80?
A. Negative. Raymarine's E-Series Classic MFDs are exclusively compatible with Navionics charts. These charts must be programmed onto CF memory cards or microSD memory cards (the latter requires the long retired A62311 Raymarine Cartography Adapter and the MFD would need to be operating with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software). These days, it would typically be recommended that a Navionics+ chart card be purchased, that its contents be erased via the Navionics Chart Installer computer applications, and that it then be populated with less than 2GB of Navionics Nautical Charts. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
10-10-18, 05:34 PM
Thank you!
10-11-18, 07:53 AM
You're welcome.