Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] M232 and Cam220
10-16-18, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-18 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] M232 and Cam220
I have an M232 camera connected to my C127 network port, the one on the left side of the unit when viewed from the back. Today I tried to hook up my new Cam220 to the network port on the right side when viewed from the rear but I get no video source message. Red light is on in the camera, any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-18, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] M232 and Cam220
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

What version of software is presently installed within you c95 MFD?
10-17-18, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-18 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
It is a C127. I will have to check on the software. I did update the software last summer when I installed the M232 thermal camera. That camera works great on the network port it is plugged in to. I thought the Cam220 could plug in to the other port. I go back to the boat on Friday, but it is now out for the season so I may have to wait until next spring to get this squared away. If I get there early enough on Friday I may have time to plug in the Cam220 and see if I can get it to work.
10-18-18, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-18 07:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

If you had updated the MFD's software during the summer of 2018, then it would be operating with LightHouse II v19.03 software. In systems running LH II software, separate Camera and Thermal apps are provided to support displaying video from marine cameras and thermal cameras respectively. When using the Camera app, the operator must select the video source (CAMERA VIEW->CAMERA). Should the CAM220 not be listed, then there may be an issue with MFD communicating with the CAM220 using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), the default protocol used by the CAM210 and CAM220. This condition may sometimes be corrected by waiting for the MFD to complete initializing prior to energizing the circuit supplying power to the IP camera(s). Alternatively, try switching the the circuit supplying power to the IP camera(s) OFF and then ON again. Should this not address the issue, To overcome this issue, then configuring the IP camera with a static IP address instead of using DHCP will generally provide reliable detection. The IPScan Utility_setup software included on the CD included in the CAM210/CAM220's package may be used not only to identify the IP address of a CAM210/CAM220 for the purposes of accessing the IP camera's web page, but also be used to change the IP address of a CAM210 or CAM220 IP camera. In situations where DHCP is not working, it would be recommended that the system's IP cameras be configured with the IP addresses beginning with the Class A static address 10.21.0.50. As within any Ethernet network, the same IP address must not be assigned to more than one device (ex. configure the aft deck cam with the IP address 10.21.0.50 and the engine room cam with the IP address 10.21.0.51, etc.).
10-18-18, 08:11 PM
Thank you Chuck, this is way beyond me. My computer (Apple) does not support Windows apps, and I can't hook up the cam to it. I am going out to load the boat on a trailer Friday morning and will check the software version. Question, does it matter what network port on the C127 the Cam220 is connected to? My FLIR M232 is connected to the port to the left side looking from the back. That leaves the port to the right open, and this is where I would plug in the Cam220. Does it matter if the cam is powered up while powering up the MFD, or should I power it up after the MFD is up and running?
10-19-18, 07:48 AM
Mark,

Q. Does it matter what network port on the C127 the Cam220 is connected to?
A. Negative.

Q2. Does it matter if the cam is powered up while powering up the MFD, or should I power it up after the MFD is up and running?
A2. Please see the comment within my initial response addressing that you wait for the MFD to complete initializing prior to energizing the circuit supplying power to the IP camera(s).
10-19-18, 07:05 PM
I got her running today Chuck. Version 19.03 so we are current. Took a few seconds but the camera came right up when I picked quad view. It won't show single view, only "no video source" message. Still can't figure out how to shut off an image, I turned on upper right, lower right and lower left. Can't figure out how to shut off any of those views. But when I put it on the home page with other functions it looks fine. Boat is now out for repairs to soft spots on the coring and engine work. Won't be back in till next June. Thanks for the help!
10-19-18, 10:08 PM
Where can I find an operating manual for this Cam220? None came in the box, the DVD that came with it and online only have an installation manual.
10-22-18, 01:03 PM
Mark,

The only manual supplied with the CAM220 is the Installation Manual which may be found here. Instructions for use of the Camera app may be found within Chapter 18: Camera application of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.