Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ejecting a USB drive?
10-26-18, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-18 01:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ejecting a USB drive?
Axiom 12 with SD/USB expansion port. I assumed that I should hit "Eject SD" drive before removing a USB drive after transferring data. Sometimes, but not always, this will unmount the rear SD card which contains all the map data. It will not remount it until I power cycle the unit.

Instead, I've been simply removing the USB without "ejecting" it, with no apparent problems. The manual is silent on this case.

Should I "eject" the USB drive before removing it? Why does it also unmount the SD1 drive (sometimes, but not always)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-18, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-18 07:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Ejecting a USB drive?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jfitch,

It would indeed be recommended that the "Eject SD" feature be used when ejecting a thumb drive from the USB RCR-SD. As with any other MFD, "Eject SD" unmount all SD drive within or connected to the MFD's USB port. Pressing the OK button will cause the drives containing memory cards to again be mounted. When actioned in the manner which I have specified and the thumb drive is removed, this action should have no effect upon the MFD's internal reader or that reader within the USB RCR-SD. That said, I have sometimes observed that my Axiom MFD (LH3 v3.7.70) locked up immediately afterwards when I opened a single pane page w/Chart application which had been configured to display Navionics charts. This was most commonly encountered when the chart card was located within the USB RCR-SD. A problem report will be logged to report this issue and to seeks its correction within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
10-30-18, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-18 07:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I've not seen in happen on the other card in the RCR-SD ( which has Lighthouse charts in my system). I have had it happen with the card in the rear reader. It does not lock up when I return to the chart app displaying Navionics, it just displays the base map as though no card was present. Going to the settings, I cannot check the Navionics map box in chart selection. It has not remounted the card. I can go to another instance of the chart app which I have set to view Lighthouse raster charts, never seen that have a problem.
10-31-18, 08:01 AM
Indeed, it is our experience that the reported symptoms have only been reported in conjunction with Navionics cartography, leading to suspicions that the problem may be rooted in Navionics supplied software libraries incorporated within the LightHouse 3 software. Updated Navionics software libraries are currently expected to be incorporated in the next LightHouse 3 software updated. As indicated, a problem reports will be logged accordingly to seek correction of this problem within a future LightHouse 3 software update.