Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Selecting units not possible after sw update
11-08-18, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-18 09:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Selecting units not possible after sw update
I have St60+ instruments and ST60 Multi as first instrument. I also have A95 plotter.
I need to meassure dept in meter, and speed in knots and wind in m/s.
After having updated instruments to latest sw, all instruments now shows dept in feet and temperature in F.. When trying to change on A95 I choose meter, but the instrument pop back to feet after some seconds. The same happens on ST60+. I therefore assumed that the ST60 was master and tried on that. However on the User Calibration - the screen with units is newer shown. Should be the screen afger time offset - "temperature" (Units). But that screen newer show.
How do I now get the units changed???

Best Regards,
Mads
S/Y Looma IV
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-18, 09:55 AM
RE: [CA11] Selecting units not possible after sw update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Looma,

Within your system, the Master for Depth data is the ST60 Depth or ST60 Tridata Instrument to which the instrument depth transducer has been directly connected. The user interface of this device will need to be used to configure the Depth Units for the system via the User Calibration menu as you have suggested. Updating the a95 MFD's software would have absolutely no effect upon the software of the ST60 instruments and access to their menus. This is because the MFDs can only update the software within compatible products which have either an Ethernet communications interface or a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. That said, the downloaded compressed folder containing the software update files the MFD also contained software update files for devices which were designed to be updated by the MFD. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is an example of one such device. Which versions of software is presently installed within the MFD and within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply