Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networking
01-28-19, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 11:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networking
I have two c125’s that I would like to link together as well as an EV300 autopilot with p70, CP370 black box fish finder and HD radar. Is there a simple diagram somewhere that I can follow? Thank you in advance. MB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-19, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Networking
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MB,

Using the key word "diagram" in conjunction with Forum's Search feature to search the Forum's Networking will provide a list of system diagrams which have been previously posted to this Forum. While we don't have a single diagram which includes each of the devices which you have listed, you should be able to see that the MFDs, fishfinder sounder module, and radar transducer will be interfaced to one another via an Ethernet communications network. In its simplest form, this Ethernet network may be constructed by connecting the MFDs to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The fishfinder sounder module would then be connected to either of the MFDs via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. A Digital Radar Cable (combines power and Ethernet communications within a single cable) would then be used to connect the HD radar to the remaining Ethernet Network socket of one of the MFDs. Alternatively, a HS5 RayNet Network Switch may be installed. In the case of latter, each MFD and the CP370 would instead be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Similarly, the Digital Radar Cable would be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

With regard to the remaining devices which you have listed, a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will be need to be constructed onboard. This backbone will need to have a sufficient number of spur sockets to accommodate interfacing a SeaTalkng Power Cable, the Data Master MFD, EV-1 CCU, ACU-300, and p70S/p70RS autopilot control head each as individual spurs to the backbone.

The Data Master a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD will interface to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng spur cable. As the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface of the Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFDs is terminated with a male DeviceNet Micro-C plug/socket, a SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cable will be used to mate the Data Master Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFD to a spur socket within the backbone.

I recommend that you look at the gS165(4), RMK-9, i70, DT800, CP470C, B175 Pair,Dual RS130 GPS,12KW SHD Open, EV- 300 diagram to view how the Data Master MFD and EV300 would be interfaced to one another via a SeaTalkng backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components. I recommend that you look at the eS128(2), CPT-100, RD424HD 4KW Radome, CP-200, Fusion diagram to view how the MFDs, HD radar, and CP370 (interfaces identically to the CP100) would be interfaced to one another via an Ethernet communications network.
03-23-19, 02:41 PM
I have finally started buying equipment to upgrade an old C80 system with the new Axiom.

Previously I had a diagram on the forums and Chuck reviewed. Since then I have made a few changes after doing my research. Therefore I have attached a new Network Diagram and a parts list.

Review and comments would be appreciated.

Upgrade Parts list Comments
1 E22158 SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter kit
a A06064 SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter; ST1, spurs, backbone
b A06031 NG terminators (2); 1 not used
c A06032 Blanking plugs (2); not used
d A22164 ST1 to ST-ng cable, 3.3ft; for older instruments
e A06049 NG Power connector cable 3.3ft; for bus power
f A06040 NG spur cable, 3.3ft; not used
2 A06068 NG backbone cable, 29ft; to Nav. Station panel
3 A06075 STng to micro NMEA 2k Fem 3ft; for Axiom
4 A06075 STng to micro NMEA 2k Fem 3ft; for Si-Tex AIS
5 A60674 In-line Terminator; for Nav.PanelExtension

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Piacere-Net_2019.23.pdf (Size: 567.38 KB / Downloads: 224)
03-25-19, 09:20 AM
MB,

Nice job on the system diagram. Please note that Icom communications products have historically ignored NMEA 0183 sentences containing GPS data when the NMEA 0183 featured a NMEA 0183 Talker ID other than "GP". Accordingly, should your Icom VHF radio have such a requirement, then it would be recommended that the backbone shown within your diagram additionally include an E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit to supply the Icom VHF radio with 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 sentences including "GP" NMEA 0183 Talker ID. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
07-12-19, 07:20 PM
RE: [CA11] Networking (Axiom to S1 AutoPilot)
Chuck, I now have implemented the wiring indicated in this post (Piacere Network). I seems to have a problem getting the Axiom to activate the Autopilot.

When I set a waypoint on the Axiom and then do a "goto waypoint"; the plotted shows the ccorrect heading but the AutoPilot never gets activated.

Looking at the diagram I'm thinking that I need another connection from plotter to Autopilot Controller/ S1 Computer. Please review and advise.

Note the Autopilot works using the Control head, just not from the Axiom. Boat speed, wind and depth are all displaying on the Axiom.

thanks,
RALPH
07-16-19, 02:42 PM
Ralph,

The Autopilot Controls feature of LightHouse 3 software is limited to systems featuring an Evolution autopilot ... you have indicated that you have a S1 Computer. Accordingly, the autopilot's control head must be used to command the autopilot to to Track mode after executing a Go To or Follow Route command.