Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Improved Plotter for High Speed craft
02-07-19, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-19 03:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Improved Plotter for High Speed craft
Raymarine
I have considerable experience of navigation in high speed craft in rough weather conditions (in particular inshore SAR ribs etc, smaller boats (<50') subject to extreme motion) I am coxswain of my local lifeboat and have been an active sailor for 40 years. In my experience the current selection of plotter from Raymarine are almost impossible to operate in rough conditions, far too many options for standard use in high stress situations. I have some basic design concepts that address this issue, and would be interested to know if Raymarine would be interested in hearing my views. The scope focuses mainly on the user interface and ergonomics, with addition to screen layout. The market potential for this development is considerable and could cover all RIBs, SAR craft, Military, Commercial and recreational vessels.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-19, 09:01 AM
RE: [DG11] Improved Plotter for High Speed craft
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your comments and feedback, I have PM'd you for more information.
Regards
Derek
02-08-19, 12:01 PM
RE: [DG11] Improved Plotter for High Speed craft
Hi Simon,
One other thought that could be considered on high speed craft is to use the RMK10 remote keypad option. This is used very successfully on a number of similar vessels, SAR, Coastguard and fishing boats to name but a few both in the UK and abroad as well as hi speed sports craft.

It may be something to consider depending on your set up and operational use.

Regards
Derek