Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Displaying data about tank levels
05-05-16, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Displaying data about tank levels
My sailboat (on which I have installed Raymarine hardware) has two fuel tanks (diesel), two fresh water tanks, and one black water (holding) tank. I have recently installed four Maretron TLM100 tank level sensors, one one each of the fuel and fresh water tanks. I am able to display the tank levels of both fuel tanks (Fuel 1 and Fuel 2), but there appears to be only a single Fresh Water display.

First, and most importantly, please tell me whether the value displayed for Fresh Water means -- is it the percentage full of the lowest-numbered tank, the lowest-numbered instance of sender, an average of the two senders' values, or what?

Second, please consider this a formal request to at least double the number of fresh water tanks whose levels can be displayed, because I don't think I'm the only sailor with more than one fresh water tank.

Third, please consider allowing all tank volumes to be displayed in quantity units (gallons, liters, etc.), as well as in percentages.

Finally, please consider allowing we end users to re-label the displays of the various tanks. For example, if I were able to re-label the "Grey Water" tank display to "Fresh Water Port", I would not need the other changes as urgently.

Thanks,
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-16, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Displaying data about tank levels
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

While the LightHouse II software supports up to five fuel tanks, it supports only one tank each for fresh water, grey water, black water, and live well.

Feature requests will be logged accordingly to consider addition of support for multiple fresh water, grey water, black water, and live well tanks, display the values as volume quantities, and to provide a means to label such tanks for consideration to be included within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update as well as within future product designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
05-13-16, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, thanks for your answer. Would you advise me to simply choose another tank type (e.g., gray water) to allow me to monitor both of my fresh water tanks until multiple fresh water tanks are supported (if they do get supported)?

Thanks again,
Jim
05-13-16, 12:15 PM
RE: Displaying data about tank levels
Jim,

That's one way to work around the present limitation. However, doing so would require that the fresh water tank levels sensor(s) be reprogrammed to specify a fluid type other than fresh water.
02-05-17, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I can't agree more to this request! I too installed two TLM100 sensors on my larger scale Raymarine network and found that one can't change the label of a tank and that it's not measurable in gallons/liters.

Please reconsider adding this feature.

Kind regards,
Derek
05-26-19, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Displaying NMEA 2000 data about fuel tank level
I have an a125 and i70 network with a B& G nmea 200 masthead unit working fine including calibration on the i70. I have connected a Maretron DSM 100 unit to the network. I cannot see it. I can only find "fuel management" in my software and manuals, not how to make a fuel gauge show a level in the fuel tank.It does not show up on my "data sources".Thanks
05-28-19, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gerald,

Tank sensors are not designed to appear within the products Data Sources feature. The Diagnostics feature (Select Devices for the MFD and About System for the i70) will list the devices which have been interfaced to and have been detected by the equipment. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case, you will likely find that the NMEA 2000 tank level sensor has not been configured with an Instance ID and/or fluid type matching the tank data item which the MFD or i70 has been configured to display.