Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AXIOM PRO RVX & Radar "RD418HD"
02-28-19, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-19 02:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] AXIOM PRO RVX & Radar "RD418HD"
Colleagues, I would like to share with you a problem that is occurring between the products "RD418HD 18" and "Axiom 12 Pro".

I recently bought a new boat with the following items:
Raymarine E-series
Raymarine RD418HD
Raymarine P70

A few months later I bought an Axiom 12 Pro to replace the old E-Series. When I installed, I identified the following problem.

****Axiom does not recognize the RD418HD****.

What has been tried to solve:
1) Measurement of all cables (power and data), including internal antenna whip.
2) Replacement of the antenna with another one in full operation.
3) Revision of the internal components of the antenna (less than 100hs of use).

My perception is that something is preventing AXIOM from recognizing the RD418HD. Is this a SW issue or setup in AXIOM?

Can you guide me?

Below configuration of the device removed through Axiom diagnostics.
AXIOM PRO 12 RVX E70372 0786669
APPLICATION VERSION: 3.8.176
CAN ADDRESS: 01
CPU REVISION: R1.7 P / N 1006188 VARIANT 3
INCIDENT REGISTER 1
KERNION VERSION: 3.10.0
LINK STATUS: UP
PLATAFORM VERSION: 3.8.14
PRODUCT BUNDLE VERSION: 3.8.97

Thank you very much,
Guilherme.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-19, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-19 02:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] AXIOM PRO RVX & Radar "RD418HD"
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Guilherme,

Raymarine's HD radomes are indeed compatible with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Is the radome being powered from a dedicated breaker / switched circuit? For clarification purposes, have your replaced the Digital Radar Cable? Have you modified/spliced/repaird the Digital Radar Cable or Raymarine Ethernet Cable (if any were used)? Have you tried connecting the Digital Radar Cable to the MFD's other Ethernet Network socket? Have you tried performing a Factory Reset to the MFD (erases any knowledge of any previously interfaced radomes or open array pedestals) and then tested the system again? When performing the latter, it is recommended that the radome power remain switched OFF until the MFD has completed rebooting to prevent the radome from entering sleep mode.
02-28-19, 04:31 PM
RE: AXIOM PRO RVX & Radar "RD418HD"
Chuck I'm very grateful to try to help me.

Here are the answers to the questions:

1) Q: Is the radome being powered from a dedicated breaker / switched circuit? For clarification purposes, have you replaced the Digital Radar Cable?
A: Dedicated

2) Q: Have you modified / spliced ​​/ repaired the Digital Radar Cable or Raymarine Ethernet Cable (if any were used)?
A:No

3) Q: Have you tried connecting the Digital Radar Cable to the MFD's other Ethernet Network socket?
A: Yes I tried the two available network ports.

4) Q: Have you tried performing a Factory Reset to the MFD (were any knowledge of any previously interfaced radomes or open array pedestals) and then tested the system again?
A: Yes, I did this, at the time I updated the SW, to the latest version.

5) Q: When performing the latter, it is recommended that the radome power remain switched OFF until the MFD has completed rebooting to prevent the radome from entering sleep mode.
A: Yes, I have tried both ways.

thank you very much,

Guilherme.
02-28-19, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-19 02:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Guilherme,

Have you addressed the other items within the previously referenced FAQ? Are there any other compatible Raymarine devices onboard having an Ethernet communications interface. If so, it would be recommended that each of the the MFD's Ethernet communications interfaced be tested with another such device to verify the operational state of the MFD's two Ethernet communications ports.
03-01-19, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-19 02:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck thank you for the information sent, my boat is in another city, I should take some time to send you an answer.

I will do all the suggested procedures and when I finish sending you a new message.

Thank you very much.

Guilherme.
03-01-19, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-19 03:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.