Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Getting depth readins from Raymarine Tacktick wireless depth sounder
03-15-19, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-19 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Getting depth readins from Raymarine Tacktick wireless depth sounder
Hi,

I have a Raymarine Tacktick T910 depth sounder, which we all know is really an Airmar DST800. I also have the associated hull transmitter T121.

I used to have the T111 dual display, but lost it in an unfortunate accident.

Since I also have the Micro-Talk wireless gateway, that translates Tacktick wireless data into NMEA2000. I was curious if this could be used to get depth information.

So far, it doesn't seem to be the case. Do the T110 and T111 does something special to activate the depth transducer that the Micro-Talk wireless gateway does not?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-19, 03:31 PM
RE: [CA11] Getting depth readins from Raymarine Tacktick wireless depth sounder
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

The MicroTalk is designed to communicate with the display, not the hull transmitter. Accordingly, the display would have to be replaced or a T113 Multifunction wireless remote display would be required.
03-16-19, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-19 05:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. Thought as much.

I suppose at this point then it's much cheaper to buy a new DST800 with SeatalkNG rather than a new display.
03-18-19, 05:05 PM
Mike,

Q. I suppose at this point then it's much cheaper to buy a new DST800 with SeatalkNG rather than a new display.
A. If a DST800 Smart Transducer (i.e. one having a SeaTalkng plug) is installed onboard, then the system will need to feature an i70S/i70 MFID to calibrate the sensor, configure offsets, and to configure associated alarms.