Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-100 Mounting Height
04-11-19, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-100 Mounting Height
This illustration in the RV-100 users guide shows three different levels for the RV-100 in relationship to the water flow from the bottom edge of the hull. Is this a good, better, best illustration? I ask because I have mine currently mounted close to example on the left for fear of impacting floating debris. Granted I have not tested the unit yet but if my readings are acceptable I plan to keep it at that height.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2865]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
Current Ray Equipment - Axiom 7 RV serving as DM and networked to a eS127 -
Quantum Radar via WiFi to eS127, RMK-9 networked to eS127, EV-1 Sensor Core, RV-100 and B60 transducers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-19, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 11:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Mounting Height
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

The intent of the diagram which you have referenced is to provide you with some guidance addressing where to drill your screw holes with respect to the elongated holes within the mount. When the transducer mount is installed using the supplied template, the screw holes which you will drill should be in the middle of the mount's elongated holes to permit the screws to be loosened and the mount to be shifted up or down a bit following testing. As shown within Chapter 5.7 Testing and Adjusting the Transducer of the RV-100 Installation Instructions, the initial height of the middle of the transducer element should be at the same height as the hull's running surface and be parallel to the hull's running surface.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2881]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-17-19, 12:52 PM
Thank you Chuck. I now see the screw slot/screw position in the illustration referenced. Did not notice that before but now it makes sense.

FWIW - I test ran the boat with the RV-100 again in the higher position and I am pleased with the results so for now will leave it alone and secure it in place.

Off topic on this but is the latest software just released available via WiFi on Axiom units yet?

Jack - MS Gulf Coast
Current Ray Equipment - Axiom 7 RV serving as DM and networked to a eS127 -
Quantum Radar via WiFi to eS127, RMK-9 networked to eS127, EV-1 Sensor Core, RV-100 and B60 transducers.
04-17-19, 02:24 PM
Jack,

Q. Off topic on this but is the latest software just released available via WiFi on Axiom units yet?
A. Indeed it is. Typically, software updates become available via Wi-Fi prior to being available for downloads via Raymarine's product software update web pages. This is because the latter takes additional time to update the web pages with information concerning the software update.