Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Speed Transducer Wire Colours
04-22-19, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 03:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Speed Transducer Wire Colours
I recently replaced my ST-60 suite of instruments with new I-70's. To do this I bought a ITC5 to do the analogue to digital conversion.

My problem is the wiring colours for the speed transducer.

My connectors coming from the transducer are red, brown, green, purple and yellow (see photo)

The pins on the itc-5 are red, grey, green, white and brown (see photo)

The original manual for my old ST-60 is different again:
Brown, white, screen (?), green and red. (see photo)

The depth and wind connections seemed to match colour for colour.

Any suggestions as to how to connect this transducer to the ITC5 greatly appreciated.

Thx
Randy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-19, 10:08 AM
RE: [CA11] Speed Transducer Wire Colours
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Randy,

The colors indicated for the wire colors of instrument speed/temp transducers within the ST60 instrument manual, back side of the instrument, and inside of the iTC-5 have remained constant for at least the last twenty years. Is it possible that the boat builder or installer extended the leads of the transducer cable?. If so, it may be necessary to trace the cable back to the splice. Alternatively, should you know which pins of the ST60 instrument that the leads of the extended cable had been connected to, then you need simply connect them to the corresponding color coded Speed/Temp pins of the iTC-5.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply