Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] New Sailing custom screen LH3.9
04-23-19, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 07:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] New Sailing custom screen LH3.9
I am trying to add new custom screens with sail dials with LH3.9 on a ES120.

I can add data screens but cannot find a template for one that has the sail or navigation dials.

Specifically I'd like to have either one dial that combines true and apparent wind, or another that show the two dials side by side.

What I am doing wrong?

thanks
Frederick
SV Pardon My French
Seattle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 09:17 PM
RE: [TG11] New Sailing custom screen LH3.9
Hello Frederick,

Are you trying to do Dashboard > Settings > Add Page or Dashboard > Settings > Import Custom Pages?

The former allows you to select between different pre-set layouts but doesn't at this stage yet have the same level of flexibility as the Lighthouse 2 Data app configuration, the latter allows you to create pages to your own design but is much more involved and complex.

At this moment the Dashboard app in LH3 is relatively inflexible: we are well aware of this and improvements will be coming in future software. Right now, you cannot create the page layouts you're after with Dashboard > Settings > Add Page.
The way around this, if you'd like to give it a go, is to use an 'undocumented feature' described here. It's not officially supported and is not a simple process, but is extremely flexible if you're prepared to put the time and effort in.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-02-19, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 08:12 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] New Sailing custom screen LH3.9
Hi Frederick,
In order to see True and Apparent wind dials in the same display, there are two options:

1) Edit the dial in the current Sailing page to use the “Sailing wind angle” dial. This shows both values, though it does not include the exact steering guidance marks (since there would have to be two pairs of them which would clutter the screen). This dial is exactly the same as the wind dial which was available prior to LH 3.9
2) Although you can’t currently create a custom page that includes a wind dial, you could hijack the “Navigation” page for this purpose. By customising the “Navigation” compass dial to a sailing wind dial, you could display two different dials in one screen (one in “Navigation” and one in “Sailing”. This uses both dashboard app panes though, so can’t be combined with the Chart app. Screenshot of this approach attached[Image: attachment.php?aid=2960]

Thanks
Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)