Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting to wifi
04-29-19, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-19 12:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting to wifi
I’ve been trying to connect my iPad Pro third generation to my axiom pro 9, it keeps asking me for a password, when I put in the password it says connection cannot be established. I’ve double checked the password and I know it’s correct but it will not allow me to connect my iPad Pro third generation to my axiom pro 9.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-19, 12:58 PM
RE: [CA11] Connecting to wifi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mooseboat,

The most common reason for the reported issue is related to passphrase entry. Please change your MFD's passphrase to the character string "1234567890" and then try to connect you iPad's Wi-Fi connection to the MFD. Should the problem persist, then it is possible that the volume of traffic on the default channel (Channel 1) is preventing the connect. In such cases, it would then be recommended that you try changing the Wi-Fi channel used by the MFD within its Wi-Fi Connection Settings.
05-23-19, 07:52 AM
If I change the wifi channel on the master MFD Axiom do I need to change the Wi-Fi channels on all of my Raymarine electronics? Quantum radar, second MFD Axiom, Auto pilot? To match the master. Any information on changing the wifi channels also would be helpful. Ty
05-23-19, 08:19 AM
Mooseboat,

Q1. If I change the wifi channel on the master MFD Axiom do I need to change the Wi-Fi channels on all of my Raymarine electronics?
A1. Negative. Only one device will communicate via Wi-Fi with a Quantum/Quantum 2 radome. The system's MFDs will communicate via wired Ethernet communications and will access the Quantum/Quantum 2 radome via the MFD which as been paired Quantum/Quantum 2 radome. With the exception of the items listed below, all communications within a Raymarine system will occur through wired communications networks. Wi-Fi communications is limited to the following features will only affect the MFD through which such Wi-Fi communications will occur:
- communications between Quantum/Quantum 2 radome and the MFD which it has been paired with
- communications between a mobile device running one of Raymarine's Mobile Apps and the MFD which the mobile device has been connected to via Wi-Fi communications
- communications between a mobile device running the Navionics Boating app and the MFD which the mobile device has been connected to via Wi-Fi communications
- communications between a Wi-Fi access point and a MFD which will be searching for product software updates (typically this will be performed via the system's Data Master MFD
- communications between a Wi-Fi access point and a MFD which will be using the Apps feature (ex. Spotify, Netflix, etc.)

A2. second MFD Axiom, Auto pilot?
A2. Negative and negative ... see the response to Q1.