Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Change Size of Boat Icon on Chart Overlay
05-01-19, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 12:08 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Change Size of Boat Icon on Chart Overlay
I am using Axiom 9 and 12 inch MFDs with Navionics charts. At one time I was able to select the size of the boat icon that was displayed to show our position and bearing / COG. But now there does not appear to be an option to scale the size of the Icon. Have I missed finding this in the menus somewhere or has it been removed?

We find that the default icon is so large as to cover up other navigation information or to make it hard to perceive where the center of the vessel is relative to narrow channels etc. We'd like the ability to reduce the default size as was possible before Version 3.9.46.

Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-19, 12:10 AM
RE: Change Size of Boat Icon on Chart Overlay
Hello vacantid,

You can select between 4 different boat icons of different sizes by long-pressing on the boat itself in the Chart app: you should see a blue (as opposed to the usual black) pop-up context menu, with an option for 'Boat Symbol'. This is in 3.9.46.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply