Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Distance & Bearing Measurement Tool for LH3
05-07-19, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-19 12:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Distance & Bearing Measurement Tool for LH3
I have updated my standard Axiom MFD with the latest LH3 upgrade. Thank you for the layline functionality and other features. I have read posts from fishermen that would like a measurement capability for determining the size of fish, etc under the boat via sonar. What I would like is the ability to measure the distance and bearing between two objects displayed on the navigation chart. On the Navionics website under the "Chart View" tab, the latest global Navionics+ chart is displayed that has a "Divider icon" in the bottom right corner. Clicking on this icon displays an electronic vector on the chart which you can then touch to move either end of the vector to measure the distance and bearing between any two objects on the chart. Click again on the icon and it removes the electronic vector. I have attached two jpegs to illustrate this functionality. This is an extremely useful feature. Currently, to my knowledge the only measurements that can be done on the LH3 are only from the vessel to another object.
I have attached two jpegs demonstrating this feature.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-19, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-19 12:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Distance & Bearing Measurement Tool for LH3
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Thanks for the product feedback. As of LightHouse 3 v3.9.46, the referenced features have not yet been implemented. Corresponding feature requests will be logged to consider these features for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply