Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Seatalk HS (RJ45) to SeatalkNG?
05-09-19, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-19 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Seatalk HS (RJ45) to SeatalkNG?
I'm rewiring my e7 MFD, which has been a maze of spliced cables. I'm amazed that it has been working!

I'd like to minimize cables going in to the e7, so I'm wondering if there's a way I can feed the Raymarine digital radar into the NG network. The radar has an RJ45 plug. Can it be somehow plugged into the SeatalkNG or must it enter the MFD on the raynet connector? I'd eliminate the raynet connection if I could.

I haven't seen the appropriate converter for that.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

- Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-19, 09:24 AM
RE: [CA11] Seatalk HS (RJ45) to SeatalkNG?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Don,

Q1. I'm wondering if there's a way I can feed the Raymarine digital radar into the NG network. Can it be somehow plugged into the SeatalkNG or must it enter the MFD on the raynet connector?
A1. Negative & negative. Communications of data requiring very high bandwidth (ex. cartography, radar, fishfinder, IP video, SiriusXM Satellite Weather, etc.) cannot be accommodated by SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. Such data must be communicated via Ethernet or Wi-Fi (ex. Quantum Radomes, Raymarine Mobile apps, etc.) communications.
05-13-19, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-19 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for that clear answer. I'm still eliminating two splices on that cable, so coming out ahead regardless.
05-13-19, 09:21 AM
You're welcome.