Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11]Added eS78
05-13-19, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-19 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11]Added eS78
My electronics package includes the following : All Raymarine .. 218VHF > e127> e7> EVO150 AP... ( lighthouse 2) All connected to "talk" to each other.
and now an eS78 with a cpt-120 bronze transducer.

I was planning on keeping the eS78 as a stand alone unit providing a chirp sonar and a back up GPS .

If I chose to integrate the eS78 to "talk" to the rest of the system would I be able to keep both types of sonar and switch between them ??
can you give me some suggestion as to what my options could be ??

On another note .... It would be nice if sonar cables had a removable connector .. I am having an issue running the connector plug through the chases provided by the boat manufacturer. As more electronics are added it becomes more and more difficult . I would easily be able to snake the wire through, however the connector is another story . Also it would be advisable to install the transducer label on the cable in an area a few inches from the actual transducer so it does not get destroyed or lost when pulling the wire through.
thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-19, 08:54 AM
RE: [CA11]Added eS78
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Q1. If I chose to integrate the eS78 to "talk" to the rest of the system would I be able to keep both types of sonar and switch between them ??
can you give me some suggestion as to what my options could be ??
A1. When interfaced to one another via an Ethernet communications network, not only would each MFD (all running LightHouse II v19.03 software) be able to switch between types of sonar, but they would also share all other system resources and features. In the unlikely event that one of the MFDs suffers a failure, then it may be switched OFF. While it is possible interface the eS78 MFD to the e127 MFD's second Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, I recommend that each MFD instead be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. For maximum redundancy, some (including myself) will interface a second MFD to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to permit the another MFD to be designated as the system's Data Master MFD should the current Data Master MFD ever suffer a failure.

Q2. On another note .... It would be nice if sonar cables had a removable connector .. I am having an issue running the connector plug through the chases provided by the boat manufacturer. As more electronics are added it becomes more and more difficult . I would easily be able to snake the wire through, however the connector is another story . Also it would be advisable to install the transducer label on the cable in an area a few inches from the actual transducer so it does not get destroyed or lost when pulling the wire through.
A2. Thanks for the product feature suggestions. They will be logged accordingly. To prevent damage to the tag when chasing the cable, you may want to consider winding the tag around the transducer's cable and securing it with tape. After chasing, the tape may be removed and the tag unfurled.
05-16-19, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-19 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thank you ...good information ... I wish I had thought of wrapping the "tag" .. LOL !
05-17-19, 08:28 AM
You're welcome.