Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] No option to chose CHIRP
05-22-19, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-19 12:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] No option to chose CHIRP
I just purchased an Axiom Pro Rvx RVX (w/ RealVision 3D Sonar, CHIRP Sonar & Chart) and an RV-200 3D transducer. I don't understand why I do not have the high, low, or medium CHIPR sonar options. when selecting any "Fishfinder" app from the home menu. I only have the options of "Sonar", "RealVision 3d", "SideVision" and "DownVision".

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-19, 12:38 PM
RE: [CA11] No option to chose CHIRP
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Believer,

Within the LightHouse 3 and LightHouse II Fishfinder application, the Sonar channel is the title give to the imaging which is produced from the low power / high frequency CHIRP transducer element of a RealVision, DownVision, or CPT-S transducer. The other CHIRP options which you have referenced are associated with compatible 1kW CHIRP transducers which have been interfaced to the 1kW Transducer socket of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD or RVX1000 3D CHIRP Sounder Module.
05-28-19, 06:22 PM
Hi Chuck. So it's fair to say that any sonar from the RV-200 is always CHIRP? The RV-200 is not capable of 1kW? If not, what power level is it capable of? How much more detail/performance/depth/ etc. could be expected with a 1kW transducer? What transducer would I have to buy to realize this added performance?

Thanks
Duane
05-29-19, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Duane,

Q1. So it's fair to say that any sonar from the RV-200 is always CHIRP?
A1. Correct.

Q2. The RV-200 is not capable of 1kW?
A2. Correct

Q3. If not, what power level is it capable of?
A3. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q4. How much more detail/performance/depth/ etc. could be expected with a 1kW transducer?
A4. Please refer to the FAQ referenced in the response to Q3

Q5. What transducer would I have to buy to realize this added performance?
A5. Axiom Pro MFDs feature two transducer sockets ... one for RV transducers and the second for 1kW CHIRP transducers (may also be adapted for use with 50kHz/200kHz transducers). The 1kW CHIRP transducers supported by Axiom Pro RV MFDs and the RVX1000 are the [url=http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=12414]]same set of 1kW-3kW transducers which may be used with Raymarine's CP470 and CP570 CHIRP Sounders modules[/url.