Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Mounting AR200
05-26-19, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 12:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Mounting AR200
I’ve read the manual and it doesn’t say the AR200 unit needs a clear view of the sky. I can not get any more cables up my mast so am looking at alternatives. I am considering putting the AR200 unit on the front side of my pilothouse under an overhang (see attached photo). The overhang will provide some protection from the elements and will be level in both directions. The AR200 will be slightly off center of the boat axis as there is a windshield wiper motor directly centerline.

Do you foresee any issues with this proposed mounting location?

Since the AR200 will be up to 6 inches off the centerline axis am I correct that I align the arrow parallel to the centerline?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Mounting AR200
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wdeertz,

Actually, Chapter 3.2: Selecting a location of the AR200 Installation Instructions[/url] specifies that one should choose a location that provides the most unobstructed view of the sky in all directions:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3108]

As the AR200 is a GNSS Receiver & AHRS Sensor, received GPS signal levels may be reduced by installing the AR200 under hard surfaces. If the system already features a GPS sensing device with is receiving sufficient GPS satellite signal for it to function as the system's GPS data source, then one need simply use the system's Data Sources feature to specify which GPS data source will be utilized by the system.

As the AR200 is a magnetic north seeking device, it should not be installed within 3.3' of devices producing a magnetic field. If the wiper motor is installed on the centerline, then the AR200 installed at least 3.3' from the centerline and parallel to the centerline.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-03-19, 07:52 PM
Chuck, thanks, after I posted this question I went back and reread this section and noted my oversight. I ended up mounting the AR200 on the flybridge so it has no obstructions or magnetic fields to contend with.
06-04-19, 07:35 AM
You're welcome.