Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AIS 700 not listed with Axiom
05-28-19, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 04:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AIS 700 not listed with Axiom
Hello,

After updating my AIS to 1.06.02 my Axiom Pro MFD (3.8.150) when I go to settings -> network I know longer see my AIS 700 listed. Just my two Axiom Pro receivers. It does show up under diagnostics -> product info. I remember before the upgrade of the AIS and Axiom I was seeing the AIS and the autopilot there. I am receiving AIS data to the MFD.

Should I be seeing the AIS 700 in the network list?

Cheers,
-scurvydog
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 04:11 PM
RE: [CA11] AIS 700 not listed with Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum scurvydog,

The Product Info diagnostic will list devices which have been interfaced to the system via Ethernet or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications. I suspect that the problem may be linked to the having incorrectly identified the Data Master MFD to the system. Unless seeking a level of redundancy, only one of the system's MFDs will be interfaced to the NMEA 2000 backbone. Additionally, only the Data Master MFD's NMEA 2000 communications interface will be active and accordingly, only the Data Master MFD will list devices which have been networked to the system's NMEA 2000 backbone. You may want to try re-designating which of the MFDs is the system's Data Master and then once again checking the diagnostics to verify that the AIS700 is listed.
07-06-19, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 12:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. So both MFD should be wired to the NEMA 2000 backbone. Is it a software setting to configure an MFD as master or is it the first MFD to power up?

I can go back now and look at both MFDs.
07-15-19, 05:43 PM
Q1. So both MFD should be wired to the NEMA 2000 backbone.
A1. As indicated within my initial response, unless seeking a level of redundancy, only one of the system's MFDs will be interfaced to the NMEA 2000 backbone. However, doing so would be considered to be a best installation practice.

Q2. Is it a software setting to configure an MFD as master or is it the first MFD to power up?
A2. Selection of the system's Data Master MFD is configured via the Network tab of either MFD (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK). The Network tab will list each MFD within the system's Ethernet network. The character string "- DM" will be appended to one of the MFDs listed ... this is the system's Data Master. Selecting a different MFD to serve as the system's Data Master is accomplished by holding your finger pressed to another MFD from within the Network tab's list and then selecting "Assign as Data Master" when the pop-up dialog is displayed.