Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] ray 230 curly cable
06-06-19, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-19 06:33 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] ray 230 curly cable
Hello can anybody help me?
I have a ray 230 Radio and the cable has perished.

i have taken the old one apart to try and create a wiring diagram but unfortunatley there is one cable i cant work out goes where.

I tried contacting Raymarine and they said they couldnt help and no longer offer parts for this unit.
I asked for a wiring diagram and they said they didnt have one because the unit was manufactured in Japan by Kanamatsu.

Can anybody help???
Does anybody either have a source for a new curly cable or a wiring diagram so i can work out where to connect the this wire in the handset wiring loom?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-19, 06:39 AM
RE: [DG11] ray 230 curly cable
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Raymarine no longer hold spares for the RAY230 and wiring diagrams are just not available, please refer to this FAQ , although I believe if the handset is returned to the UK Service workshop they may be able to replace the cable.

Regards

Derek
06-10-19, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-19 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Derek

Yes but they want £260 plus parts for the pleasure, the radio just isn't worth it.

All i need is to find out where the white wire from the handedset goes too.

evenm if somebody has an old faulty uunit i could put a multimeter across it to get an anser?
06-10-19, 10:46 AM
Hi Alex,

Thankyou for your feedback,

I have checked with our workshop and do not have that information available.
Regards
Derek
06-11-19, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Derek

If i could find a handset i could put a Multi meter on the plug ends and on the white wire and find out where they go, do you have or know anybody who has a working or not working ray 230 hanset ?

Kind Regards
06-12-19, 06:32 AM
Hi Alex,

I can only suggest that one of the waterside dealers may have a working unit, we no longer have this equipment in-house.
Regards

Derek