Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C120/E120 SeaTalk Cable Splice
06-09-19, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 12:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C120/E120 SeaTalk Cable Splice
Hello,
I am trying to utilize my friend's E120 to replace my C120. I am good with the new DSM cable but I have realized the Seatalk/alarm cable is different. Reading some through this forum you recommend splicing on a new twist locking 6 pin. Is a twist locking 6 pin available to purchase anywhere? Otherwise any recommendation on how I acquire one? Additionally, I have never done a splice on electronics like this. Is it a typical butt splice or is there a special connector or some sort of junction box/connection that must be used? I appreciate the advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-19, 12:32 PM
RE: [CA11] C120/E120 SeaTalk Cable Splice
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum przing,

As you have suggested, the package of the E-Series Classic MFDs included an E55054 SeaTalk/Alarm Cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where you may obtain the latest information concerning the availability of this part and how parts for Raymarine products may be purchased or ordered. European style terminal strips or soldered splices which have been covered with marine grade electrical heat activated adhesive lined shrink tubing would typically be used to join the leads of these cables.

Should you find yourself in over your head, then it would be recommended that a Certified Raymarine Installer be contacted to perform the installation.
06-12-19, 11:33 AM
Thank you for the advice
06-12-19, 01:26 PM
You're welcome.