Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] DragonFly comes on when power is present
06-19-19, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] DragonFly comes on when power is present
I have two Dragonfly units on my boat and a master power switch at the battery. When I turn on power at the switch one Dragonfly begins the start-up sequence and the other remains off, until I press its power button. I want both units to remain off until I manually turn them on, but I do not find an option for this or a solution via searches.

If it matters, the auto-boot unit is a df4 and the one than works as desired is a 5.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-19, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 04:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] DragonFly comes on when power is present
John,

Like most Raymarine products featuring a power button, the Dragonfly displays support a last power state memory feature, the equipment may be switched ON/OFF from a single location (i.e. the breaker/switch panel), eliminating the need to switch ON/OFF equipment via each product's POWER button. This can be especially convenient in larger systems.

The last power state memory feature of Dragonfly displays functions as follows:
- should the product be in the ON state and should the circuit supplying the product be de-energized, then the product will return to the ON state when the circuit is re-energized.
- should the product in the OFF state and should the circuit supplying the product be de-energized, then the product will remain in the OFF state when the circuit is re-energized. Pressing the POWER button of the product will return it to the ON state.
07-11-19, 08:20 AM
That did not work for me... any other ideas? This is not a big deal but if it can be corrected it would be nice.
07-15-19, 04:19 PM
John,

Should one of the Dragonfly displays not have performed as I have stated, then it would indicate a problem with the display's circuitry, necessitating that the display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced or that the display(s) be powered on/off via a conveniently located switch located at the helm or near the display.
07-16-19, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks again for your help.
07-16-19, 09:09 AM
You're welcome.