Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] RD418 HD no data source
07-03-19, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 05:20 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] RD418 HD no data source
Last year I installed the then current version of Lighthouse 2 upgrade to my A95 mfd. I did not use my radar after that upgrade, but when I tried to switch on the radar this past weekend, I kept getting the message no "data source". I checked the previous threads of discussion about this problem and followed the recommendations. Checked fuses, ok,
Checked power to radome 12.4v DC (ok?), connected to shore power, charged batteries, still no connection. I downloaded and installed the current version of Lighthouse 2, and still no connection. The mfd keeps wanting to connect to a Quantum unit, not my RD 4q8 HD. The only choice in my setup mode for external devices is Quantum. How do I get the mfd to recognize RD418 HD? Is the unit in "deep sleep" mode, how do I wake it up?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-19, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-19 06:43 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] RD418 HD no data source
Dear Charliem4870,

Thank you for your post.

Perform a power on reset to the A95, the A95 will then forget the connection to the Quantum. You will lose all settings, waypoints and route data when performing this reset and we advise you back up these settings to an sd card.

1.Power the unit off.
2.Power the unit back on.
3.When the LightHouse logo appears Press and hold the Power button. The Raymarine Initialization screen is displayed.
4.Touch only displays:
Press the Power button again to select 1 Reset to factory defaults’.
-After the unit has reset choose 'Exit and start the application'

Once you have performed this, power cycle the system and connect the wired Radome.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply