Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum radar only connects via wifi
07-09-19, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 02:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum radar only connects via wifi
With my quantum radar networked through an HS-5 hub/switch shouldn’t I see the radar on system settings->External Devices->Quantum Radar? I only see “Pair with Quantum Radar” and then I need to do the WiFi pairing (which works). But how do I connect through the SeatalkHS network rather than WiFi?

System is eS127 and eS97 networked though SeaTalk NG. Radar and both eS units connected to HS-5 hub. All three green LEDs flashing.

While the WiFi connection seems to work fine but would rather have the more solid wired connection.

Thanks
Denham
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-19, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-19 04:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Quantum radar only connects via wifi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Denham,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should you have addressed all of the items within the referenced FAQ, then it is possible that the wired adapter component within the radome has failed, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-19-19, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-19 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck, Have pretty much done all this. Have not put a scope on the DC to make sure no 60 cycle but doubt this is a problem (being off shore power makes no difference).

Would it be worthwhile to try to connect the radar directly to one of the MFD’s bypassing the HS5 switch. As I said all 3 (two MFDs and one radar) the green lights on the switch are flashing.

Not at the boat for a few weeks so am trying to put a plan together so I can be efficient in troubleshooting when I get back.

Thanks
Denham
07-19-19, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Denham,

Please see my earlier comment about the wired adapter component of the radome,

Q1.Have not put a scope on the DC to make sure no 60 cycle but doubt this is a problem (being off shore power makes no difference).
A1. AC ripple can come from an number of sources onboard (ex. engine alternators, inverters, etc.). Accordingly, testing for AC ripple should be tested for.

Q2. Would it be worthwhile to try to connect the radar directly to one of the MFD’s bypassing the HS5 switch.
A2. While I don't suspect it will make a difference, it's worth trying.
07-20-19, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks will try. Note, Radome was just back for service as the power supply failed after 2.5 years. I would hope they would have checked it all out when in for service. Don’t really want to send it back again without a more definite diagnosis.
Denham
07-22-19, 10:28 AM
Denham,

Unfortunately, should you have addressed all of the items specified within the referenced FAQ and should the problem persist, then no further troubleshooting diagnostics are available to further fault isolate the problem. Accordingly, should you have addressed all of the items specified within the referenced FAQ and should the problem persist, then the radome should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.