Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Navionics+ will not load on eS128
07-10-19, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 05:57 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Navionics+ will not load on eS128
Have eS128 LH2 which works fine with my Navionics+. On Navionics chart update (PC) I renewed and updated (July 2019) charts on a duplicate 32 GB memory card to newest version. The program ended successfully and told me to insert the memory card into my eS128.
When booting eS128 with this new card, it starts up with the normal page telling me Navionics is in SD2 reader and I have to accept. All OK and my homepage appears. Choosing Maps and all looks fine. BUT there is no Navionics chart there on the screen. Only coarse chart (Lighthouse?) with no details, but there are routes and tracks not aligned to viewed landscape.
This is the same behavior as if I boot eS128 without any Navionics card in either SD1 or SD2.
So, where is the Navionics chart?
It still works fine with the previous, but last updated (May 2019) card. But as I need some more cartography than previously downloaded I suffer from using it.

What card am I requested to then have in SD1? With a blank card there, eS128 dropped the Home page and started directly to load Map after Accept. But after 50-80% on the «timewheel», eS128 reboots consequently. So what card should be in SD1 when Navionics uses SD2?

Please help! I’m on a tour and are soon reaching the old cartography limit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 06:23 AM
RE: [LW11] Navionics+ will not load on eS128
Dear Brynjar,

Thank you for the post.

Are you copying the charts on to a third party sd card or another Navionics chart card you have?

In the chart application select menu>presentation>charts> for the Navionics selection is there a message listing your chart card and active subscription?

If you go into my data> is the MFD recognizing the card or is it grayed out?

You can also contact Navionics for assistance here.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-10-19, 09:34 AM
(07-10-19 12:21 AM)Brynjar Wrote:  Have eS128 LH2 which works fine with my Navionics+. On Navionics chart update (PC) I renewed and updated (July 2019) charts on a duplicate 32 GB memory card to newest version. The program ended successfully and told me to insert the memory card into my eS128.
When booting eS128 with this new card, it starts up with the normal page telling me Navionics is in SD2 reader and I have to accept. All OK and my homepage appears. Choosing Maps and all looks fine. BUT there is no Navionics chart there on the screen. Only coarse chart (Lighthouse?) with no details, but there are routes and tracks not aligned to viewed landscape.
This is the same behavior as if I boot eS128 without any Navionics card in either SD1 or SD2.
So, where is the Navionics chart?
It still works fine with the previous, but last updated (May 2019) card. But as I need some more cartography than previously downloaded I suffer from using it.

What card am I requested to then have in SD1? With a blank card there, eS128 dropped the Home page and started directly to load Map after Accept. But after 50-80% on the «timewheel», eS128 reboots consequently. So what card should be in SD1 when Navionics uses SD2?

Please help! I’m on a tour and are soon reaching the old cartography limit?

I recently checked to see if a copy was allowed, and read the following FAQ at the NAVIOINCS Support web site:

Navionics charts are copyright protected and the physical chart files cannot be saved to any other media cartridge as a back up because they will not work in your chart plotter. All Navionics charts will only perform on their serialized Navionics media cartridge.

A back up of the entire cartridge can be done in case the chart files themselves are lost or corrupted. All of these chart files must be downloaded back to the original Navionics cartridge in this case.
To make a back up:
Create a new folder on your computer
Insert your Navionics card into the computer
Go to the NAVIONICS drive in your file manager
Copy the 'Navionic' folder and the ntag.txt file (click here to see how to view hidden files on your computer)
Paste the 'Navionic' folder and the ntag.txt file into the new folder you created
This process may take time as there are many files that make up the Navionics cards.

If you need to restore the files to the card because it has been formatted, corrupted or deleted, go into your back up folder and copy the 'Navionic' folder and ntag.txt file and paste them back to your original Navionics card. Make sure the card is empty before saving the files back onto it. If there is any information resident on the card you may find you do not have enough free space to restore from your back up.

All files must be saved to the original Navionics cartridge or they will not work in your chart plotter.
07-10-19, 09:52 AM
Dear Brynjar,

Is it the original Navionics chart card you have copied this data to? As you have seen on the Navionics website you cannot copy the charts onto any third party sd cards. If you are using the original Navionic chart card I would expect to see the cartography data on your chart app.

You should be able to use card reader 1 or 2 for the charts, the other reader could be used for a blank sd card for storage, another chart or left empty.

What version of LH2 have you got installed on the MFD?

Many Thanks
Louise