Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Starting a route after first waypoint
07-15-19, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-19 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Starting a route after first waypoint
I'm running lighthouse III on an axiom 9 MFD. I have created and saved a route consisting of a number of waypoints. I'm underway and beyond the first or second waypoint on the list when I select the route and begin navigating. When the routes appears the software tries to take me back to waypoint one not to the next and closest waypoint in the list. I have actually pasted second and third waypoints in the list all the while the software keeps giving me the bearing and distance to the first waypoint. How can I use an existing route when I'm underway and well along the route when I start it. This situation happened when the system crashed and I had to restart the Axiom and navigating the route well along the course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-19, 10:56 AM
RE: [CA11] Starting a route after first waypoint
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Frank,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
07-22-19, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
On my Axiom Pro 12 System the “follow from here” function only works on a route I am actively following. In the FAQ it says to “stop” following the route before using “follow from here”. Which is correct?

Too bad the “follow from here” function is buried under “more options.
07-22-19, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-19 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Carl,

The route should be stopped before using the Follow From Here feature. Should your system function differently, then this behavior may be due to having an earlier version of LightHouse 3 software installed within the system's MFDs.