Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
07-21-19, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-19 01:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Hi, I just got myself Element 7 and am learning its capabilities. The specification states that it supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but manual does not tell much about those. What are they good for apart from firmware upgrade?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-19, 01:57 PM
RE: [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum picant,

When operating with the latest LightHouse Sport software, WiFi software updates and WiFi communications with Quantum / Quantum II radomes are supported. Raymarine has not yet introduced any LightHouse Sport features which will make use of Bluetooth communications.
09-10-19, 10:24 PM
Chuck, thanks for the clarification. To be a bit more specific, the wifi on the Element does not allow a tablet or mobile phone to see what is on the screen on the element through an app?

In communications lingo, the Element wifi is only a network client, and does not provide an access point to other devices in the boat that it will share information with and its only used with a wifi AP in your house for updating firmware and communicating with specific other Raymarine devices.

Thanks.
09-11-19, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 07:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
W,

Q1. To be a bit more specific, the wifi on the Element does not allow a tablet or mobile phone to see what is on the screen on the element through an app?
A1. Correct. Raymarine has not yet announced the introduction of a smartphone/tablet app for use in conjunction with Element displays.

Q2. In communications lingo, the Element wifi is only a network client, and does not provide an access point to other devices in the boat that it will share information with and its only used with a wifi AP in your house for updating firmware and communicating with specific other Raymarine devices.
A2. Partially correct ... Element displays are also designed to communicate via Wi-Fi with Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes.
01-12-20, 12:00 PM
I want to sync with navionics app to element 9, in my iphone wifi I see element device for network connection but unfortunately it is required a 8 digit password. Where can I get Element device password
01-13-20, 09:49 AM
Ersoy,

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ersoy,

The WiFi communications features of LightHouse Sport v3.10.10 software are limited to performing software updates and communications with Quantum / Quantum 2 radomes. Accordingly, the currently available version of LightHouse Sport software does not presently support the Navionics Boating app. A feature request will be logged to consider support for the Navionics Boating app within a future LightHouse Sport software update. In the interim, waypoints, routes, and tracks may be transferred to the Element displays via microSD card using a GPX file produced by a navigational planning application supporting the GPX waypoint/route/track file format.

Please click here for more information concerning product and feature suggestions.