Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AIS 650 and Axiom Pro Compatibility
07-30-19, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AIS 650 and Axiom Pro Compatibility
Hi,

Just verifying that the AIS 650 and the Axiom Pro are fully compatible. I see on the AIS page of the website, AIS-650 http://www.raymarine.com/ais/ais650-350/, that the Axiom Pro is not listed as a compatible MFD.

Any special instructions for interfacing the two units with a single MDF?

Thanks, Hube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-19, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 02:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] AIS 650 and Axiom Pro Compatibility
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Hube,

The AIS650 is indeed compatible with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. Only one AIS transceiver or AIS receiver should be installed within a networked system. The system's Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs will share AIS data (as well as all other system data and resources) with one another via Ethernet communications. It would typically be recommended that the AIS receiver or transceiver be interfaced to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to permit not only the MFDs to have access to AIS data, but also for any i70/i70S MFIDs within the system to have access to this data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply