Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 cannot connect to WiFi
09-29-19, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-19 07:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sad [CA11] Axiom 12 cannot connect to WiFi
I have an Axiom 12 currently running LH3 Bermuda. When I first purchased it, I could connect to my home WiFi network and do upgrades but since the update just prior to Annapolis, I can no longer connect. My network is visible, I enter the password and after 30 seconds I get a "Connection Failure" message.

Wifi Router - Cisco E4200 2.4g
Pvt IP Range 192.168.x.x

I have selected "Forget" and re-typed the password many times, each time verifying it was correct. All my other phones and tablets work ok. I have at least 20 IP leases available.

Nothing on my end has changed, only the version of Lighthouse.
Is there a console that would allow me to see verbose Network msgs?

Brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-19, 07:40 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 cannot connect to WiFi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Earlier LightHouse 3 software did not restrict communications with WiFi access points / routers using private addressing, as are being issued by your router. Please follow the recommendations within the referenced FAQ to utilize utilize Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) rather than private addressing. You can test the WiFi operational status of your MFD by configuring you phone as a WiFi hotspot and then attempting to connect your MFD's WiFi to your phone to then access the Internet for software updates.

LightHouse 3 and LightHouse II diagnostics do not support troubleshooting WiFi communications.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply