The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot w/Axiom - No Control Head, No EV-1
12-19-19, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-19 11:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot w/Axiom - No Control Head, No EV-1
I would like a definitive answer on installation of a new autopilot on my BW 210 Outrage. It has a single Verado 200 (with power steering).

So here are my questions:

1) Does the Axiom (9") provide the functions of a stand alone control head? If so, I would think that a control head is NOT necessary.

2) I do have Radar on the boat, which does not need a heading sensor. So naturally, I'm hoping that I can install the autopilot without a EV-1 and get the COG, etc information from the Axiom.

If both of the answer to these questions is: Not needed, then I could effectively create an autopilot system with just a ACU-100 and hydraulic pump (plus some hydraulic hoses for the Verado).

I think the answer to #1 above is: control head not needed. Not sure about #2, but can't understand what information the EV1 would provide that isn't already available on the Axiom, especially and speeds above 2-3 knots.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Autopilot w/Axiom - No Control Head, No EV-1 - zigzag930 - 12-19-19 09:08 AM