The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting St5000+ to Garmin 4210
01-06-20, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-20 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting St5000+ to Garmin 4210
I purchased a 2001 Grady White 282 Sailfish and my Garmin 4210 Charplotter works great except at idle/drift speeds. I am not getting bearing/heading information to the chart plotter. I would like to connect the ST5000+ to the Garmin so that the information from the Raymarine Bearing sensor is passed along to keep the charplotter accurate at slow speed. Can you tell me what the best way to link the Seatalk port to the Garmin is. Currently nothing is connected to the NMEA 183 port and the NMEA 2K port is occupied by a cable coming from a Garmin Network that includes the GPS antenna and Ship to Shore Radio (located overhead in the compartment that houses the Radio) . I would appreciate a list of parts that are needed to make this work.

Also, my current St5000+ display works fine but it immediately disengages after pressing Auto. It displays “HYD” when it disengages. I located the hydraulic pump this weekend and would like some advice on how to begin diagnosing the pump, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice. This is my first “big” boat and I have a lot to learn. Jamie

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Connecting St5000+ to Garmin 4210 - Jamest123 - 01-06-20 09:30 PM